Thursday, March 27, 2014

People ask me what I do during winter when there is nothing to do. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

I am officially through with hearing the obnoxious weather-people predicting the winter equivalent of the apocalypse.  I am even more officially through with them being occasionally correct.  While the last explosion of snow was predictably not as bad as predicted, its severity had the mental effect normally reserved for national disasters.  Winter is supposed to end March 21, and spring is to be waiting in the wings to take over. 

Business had been decent this month until yesterday, when everything froze...














...solid!

















I probably shouldn't complain.  After all, my Tonka Toy is due back any day now (allegedly).

3 comments:

  1. It's gets to the point after spring has arrived completely incognito, you start feeling like, "Fine be that way. I'm going out to get another Christmas tree. If it's going to snow all summer we might as well make as though we are enjoying it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Exactly! Or maybe I will just drag the old brown Christmas tree off the burn pile and back into the living room. At this point, who really cares?

      Delete
  2. Even more funny, that we had another 2-3 inches a few days after this post! =D

    ReplyDelete